When or how to up to VERSION 3.8.3.1 ?

Thank
Developer
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Hi,

Version 3.8.3.1 is currently available.

Thanks
Mar 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM
If I try this version in a new WP8 app (sqlite 3.8.3.1 for windows phone, sqlitePCL and SQLitePCL.Ext.WindowsPhone8.RuntimeProxy in References) when call new SQLiteCollection I have the error: "A SQLite Wrapper assembly for the current platform was not found. Ensure that the current project references both SQLitePCL and the following platform-specific assembly: SQLitePCL.Ext".
Where is my error?
Any idea?

Thanks
Mar 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM
And now for VERSION 3.8.4.1 ;)
Developer
Apr 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Hi @evilz,

The current package runs with SQLite.org binaries v3.8.4.2
Apr 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM
leotilli wrote:
Hi @evilz,

The current package runs with SQLite.org binaries v3.8.4.2
Leotilli, how difficult would it be to not bind the SQLite.PCL project with a specific version of SQLite (without having to compile the SQLite.PCL sources myself)?

What I have in mind is being able to use a specific version of SQLite.PCL but keep upgrading my SQLite version.
Though I agree there could be problems in case of SQLite breaking backwards compatibly, that I would imagine that is really a low risk possibility.
Developer
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Hi @evilz,

At package installation we're running PowerShell install scripts that add the platform specific Extension SDK from SQLite.org, in order to make sure the required binaries are loaded. Unfortunately, the PowerShell object used to add the reference to the Extension SDK requires the exact version (I've tested different combinations), and whenever we publish a new package we try to use the latest version available at SQLite org website.

I guess you could manually remove the reference we add, and add reference to a previous version, as long as it is recent enough so that it implements the same API.
Marked as answer by leotilli on 9/5/2014 at 11:33 AM