Xamarin support

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM
We need Xamarin support for this to be truly portable.

Should be as simple as basic a MonoTouch/MonoAndroid version using the .NET4.5 source linked in against the native device libraries instead of the dll.
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:16 PM
+1

For true portability PCL for SQLite should support all currently supported PCL target platforms which include Xamarin.

@MSOpenTech is this currently planned?
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Thank you for the feedback and interest on Xamarin!
This is a first release. We are planning to maintain this code and add the functionality requested by developers.
Feb 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM
+1, the future is write once, deploy everywere.
Keep up the good work.
Feb 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
+1 Xamarin support
Feb 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM
  • 1 Must work on WP7.5, WP8, WinRT, MonoTouch, Mono for Android, Mono for Mac and 4.5 .net ;)
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Hi MSOpenTech,

This looks like some great work!
I really want to use this library, but I need a bit more features. I am filling the gap in the current Xamarin implementations for Windows Phone and Windows Store apps.

I am currently working on a ADO.NET implementation for SQLite3: https://github.com/mattleibow/Mono.Data.Sqlite.
I do need a bit more methods: https://github.com/mattleibow/Mono.Data.Sqlite/blob/master/Helpers/Mono.Data.Sqlite.Wrapper/UnsafeNativeMethods.h, mainly the sqlite3_result_* and the other delegate bits.

Is there any updates coming soon?
Apr 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM
+1 for Xamarin Support
Developer
Apr 9, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Hi @mattleibow,

The latest Nuget Package v3.8.4.2 added CreateFunction and CreateAggregate methods to the ISQLiteConnection interface, that work with "...sqlite3_result_* and the other delegate bits...".
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Hi @onovotny,

I will be adding iOS and Android to this soon. I need it for one of my projects, so I hope to finally get the full round of devices... also hoping that the Xbox One has SQLite...
Apr 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM
There is still an other SQLite PCL with Xamarin support.
Maybe you can work toggether:
https://github.com/oysteinkrog/SQLite.Net-PCL
Apr 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 1 for Xamarin Support
Apr 27, 2014 at 2:41 PM
@judgy, that project differs in what this project is trying to do. This project is just to expose a managed interface for the underlying c library.
SQLite-NET is more of an ORM. However, that project could probably be used together with this library, but probably not at this time. I will have a look into it.
Apr 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I have committed a solution for the Xamarin platforms in a branch (xamarin) in my fork.

You can try it out and let me know if there are any issues. I have submitted a pull request and it is currently under review. So please go ahead and give it a shot.
Developer
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM
There is a new release available, with Xamarin iOS and Android support (@mattleibow contributions)
Marked as answer by leotilli on 9/5/2014 at 11:33 AM
Oct 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM
This might be a stupid question but, is this working for windows phone in a xamarin context. I have been searching fruitlessly for a good way to use sqlite in windows phone in my mvvmcross app for quite a while.